Originally a stop for the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, Woodstock, Georgia, can be found in Cherokee County. Named after the 1826 novel by Walter Scott Woodstock was incorporated by the Georgia General assembly in 1897. The city’s railroad depot was constructed in 1912 as the industry flourished in the region and helped the town to grow significantly. It primarily used the railroad to transport rope, agriculture, cotton, and passengers until 1949 when passenger services were ended. Formed in 2009, Woodstock’s Greenprints Project has been at the forefront of constructing trails in the natural areas of the city, such as Little River and Noonday Creek, in an effort to make them more accessible to the public. This project helps to preserve nature in the area and prevent urbanization of the entire region. In 2007 Woodstock was named among the top ten fastest-growing suburbs in the United States.