The Union City Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the City. It processes all traffic citations and misdemeanor state law violations issued by the Police Department and ordinance violations issued by the City’s Code Enforcement Division.
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States this State and the Ordinances of the City of Union City.
We will be a court system, characterized by excellence, that strives to attain justice for the individuals and society through the rules of law. We will:
- Provide equal access to a fair and effective system of justice for all without excess cost, inconvenience, or delay, with sensitivity to an increasingly diverse society.
- Offer alternative sentencing methods of resolution while preserving the constitutional rights to trial by an impartial judge or jury and ensuring compliance with the results achieved through effective enforcement of court orders.
- Provide quality service that continuously improves, that meets or exceeds public expectations, and that ensures that all are treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Maintain the independence of the judiciary while strengthening relations with the public, the bar, and the other branches of government.
- Acknowledge and enhance the potential of every person in our organization to contribute to the administration of justice through participation, training, and technology.
- Share a sense of common identity and purpose as a Municipal Judiciary.
- Earn the respect and confidence of an informed public.
Union City Municipal Court Statement of Core Values
Required to accomplish our mission are four paramount values representing the core of what we stand for as an organization.
- Quality Service
Judges and Courtroom Staff
- Chief Judge Ronald J. Freeman, Sr.
- Associate Judge Russell Ross
- Kristie D. Collier-Tucker, Court Administrator / Chief Clerk
- Juana Lugo, Deputy Clerk
Location & Contact Information
5060 Union St.
Union City, GA 30291