Negligent Security Lawyer
Filing an Injury Claim Due to Inadequate and Negligent Security
Inadequate and negligent security has led to numerous attacks and assaults throughout the state of Georgia. Victims of these attacks may not realize that they have the right to obtain financial compensation for personal injury. While criminal charges can ensure that the assailant is penalized, it does not provide restitution.
The Weinstein Firm can help you hold the property owners accountable for failing to provide adequate security and keeping the area safe.
These areas might include:
- Parking lots
- Shopping centers
- Hotels and motels
- Bars and Restaurants
- Train stations
- The workplace
- Apartment complexes
- Colleges, universities, and other schools
- Rehabilitation centers
We Are Here to Assist You with Your Claim
Filing a claim for inadequate security is a form of premises liability, in that all property owners areas have the responsibility of maintaining safety at all times. This responsibility can extend to something as simple as ensuring the guardrails or handrails are safe, all the way up to, and including, providing security cameras or employing guards to survey the area.
Some of the steps that property owners should take include:
- Hiring staff or security guards to patrol areas that are notorious for criminal activity
- Providing adequate lighting in areas, such as blind spots, alleys, and other possible dangerous spots
- Installing surveillance equipment around parking lots or other areas with a high likelihood of criminal activity
- Building fences, gates, or adding walls to areas to block out possible criminals
Our negligent security attorneys can review your case to determine if there were safety issues that the property owners failed to address. Keep in mind that if you were trespassing, or were otherwise in the area and did not have permission to be there, this may invalidate your claim, and you may not be able to recover for your injuries.