Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Johns Creek, GA
Like all cities and towns in Georgia, Johns Creek has its fair share of pedestrian accidents. Numerous pedestrians get injured or killed in road accidents. Tragically, a pedestrian has zero protection against a car, truck or bus; consequently, the injuries are almost always severe. If you were walking on the roads in Johns Creek, Georgia, and were hit by a motor vehicle, you need to speak to a pedestrian accident lawyer today.
Many pedestrians think that they have no rights or that they could not possibly claim compensation for any injuries they might have sustained if they got hit by a motor vehicle. This is where they are wrong. A pedestrian wreck lawyer will tell you that pedestrians can and should fight for their rights, especially if they get hit by a vehicle due to no fault of their own. Don’t hesitate to speak to a pedestrian accident attorney as soon as you can if you get injured in a pedestrian accident in Georgia.
Common Ways Pedestrian Accidents Happen
There are several ways that pedestrians can be injured in vehicle-related accidents. However, the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Johns Creek include:
- Drivers who are intoxicated because of drugs or alcohol. In this situation, you should speak to pedestrian accident lawyers to find out how you can get justice.
- Drivers who fail to yield the right of way especially at designated crosswalks and intersections. This is a clear violation of the law, and if you get injured, you should speak to a pedestrian accident lawyer so that they can advise you as to how you should proceed with legal action against the driver.
- Malfunction of traffic signals. While this may not be a driver error per se, you can still file for compensation if you have sustained serious injuries. You need to speak to a pedestrian wreck lawyer for more information.
- Drivers speeding recklessly, and/or ignoring city traffic laws. Again, this is a violation, and you should tell your pedestrian accident lawyer how your accident occurred.
- Driver distracted because of texting, eating or listening to music. Driver distraction is a growing problem on the roads today. Your pedestrian accident lawyer should be able to help you get justice if you got injured because of the carelessness of a motor vehicle driver.
- Poor weather conditions on the road (e.g., ice, water, snow). In most cases, the driver is not to be blamed unless they were speeding or breaking the rules in poor weather. Speak to pedestrian accident lawyers regarding this situation.
- Traffic signs not visible. If this is the case, your pedestrian accident lawyer can advise you as to how you can recover damages for any injuries that you may have sustained because of an accident.
- Road rage is another common scenario on the roads today. If you are a victim of road rage, speak to a pedestrian wreck lawyer to find out more information about taking legal action against the driver in question.
Where Do Pedestrian Accidents Commonly Occur?
Pedestrian accidents generally tend to be most common in the city center and in residential areas. Within the city, a pedestrian may be crossing the road and get hit by a car unexpectedly. Near the home, pedestrians may be struck by a speeding driver or a driver who is distracted. Sometimes, pedestrians are struck while on the footpath because the driver is speeding and loses control of the car. Finally, a very common cause of pedestrian accidents is exercise or jogging. Many people tend to jog in the evening, and sometimes they do not wear bright colored clothing. In such situations, it is possible that a driver fails to see them in time and the pedestrian gets hit by the vehicle. If you were injured either at an intersection or on a regional road, reach out to a Georgia pedestrian accident lawyer.
These days, a very common cause of accidents are pedestrians fixated on their digital devices and not paying attention to the traffic or traffic laws. Drivers cannot be completely blamed in such cases, but the pedestrian may be seriously injured. Talk to pedestrian accident lawyers in this regard to see if you are able to file a claim.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Johns Creek, Georgia
When pedestrians get struck by vehicles, the injuries are usually serious and may include the following:
- For fractures of the legs, pelvis, and arms, these fractures often require surgery and prolonged rehabilitation. Most patients are left with residual pain and even disability. In such cases, the injured parties may be entitled to receive long-term benefits that would help them recover their expenses. Talk to a pedestrian accident lawyer for more information.
- Brain injuries could result from being thrown on the pavement. This can result in brain contusions, or bleeding in the brain. In most cases, these brain injuries lead to loss of memory and concentration, impaired cognition and even weakness of the muscles. Many people are unable to go back to work, or if they do go back to work, they are unable to perform the same tasks. Talk to a pedestrian wreck lawyer to find out how you can be compensated for the losses you incur because of these injuries.
- Injuries to the abdominal organs like rupture of the spleen, liver or stomach generally require significant medical treatment and medical bills are likely to accumulate. Talk to a GA pedestrian accident attorney to find out how you can be compensated to pay your bills.
- Injury to the ribs, heart or lung can have an overall negative impact on one’s physical and emotional health. Recovery can take time and going back to work may be delayed. Seek advice from pedestrian accident lawyers to find out how you can be compensated.
- Severe abrasions and lacerations to the skin as a result of being dragged by the vehicle require varied treatment options and can be expensive. A pedestrian accident lawyer can help you understand which expenses you can claim.
- Crush injury to the bones, resulting in severe loss of tissue are some of the most severe injuries which often require multiple surgeries and skin grafts. These can be physically daunting to deal with and recovery times can be quite prolonged. Your ability to work the same job may be affected. Speak to a pedestrian wreck lawyer to find out how you can get some form of financial compensation to afford such treatment.
- Spinal cord injuries may present with neck and low back pain, paralysis or moderate to severe pain. This may turn out to be a long-term injury and could have a significant impact on your entire life – personal and professional. Talk to a pedestrian accident attorney to find out if you can be compensated for your injuries.
In almost all cases of pedestrian accidents with vehicles, there is often long-term rehabilitation required to regain muscle strength and mobility of the joint. Your pedestrian accident lawyer will be able to help you understand exactly what type of damages you can claim and the benefits you could receive. It is thus important that you or someone in your family takes legal advice from a pedestrian wreck lawyer to find out how you should go about filing a compensation claim.
Discuss Types of Compensation with a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
In most cases, injuries suffered by pedestrians are severe, and that is why compensation is usually quite high. As your pedestrian accident attorney will most likely inform you, in Johns Creek, Georgia, the law provides the injured pedestrian the right to recover their damages from the person (driver) who caused it. Some of the damages that you can claim include:
- Loss of wages
- All current and future medical bills
- All bills for surgery
- All bills for prescription medication, x-rays, and other diagnostic tests
- Bills for rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Talk to a pedestrian wreck lawyer about the types of compensation you can recover for your personal injuries, pain, and suffering.
Who Pays for the Compensation? Talk to a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If the driver of a motor vehicle caused the accident, they would be responsible for compensating the pedestrian. This is where insurance companies come in. The driver’s insurance company will be the one evaluating and approving or denying your claim. Keep in mind that insurance companies can be quite difficult to deal with and that is why it is important that you consult a pedestrian accident lawyer in Johns Creek, Georgia so that they can manage the negotiations and discussions with insurance companies on your behalf.
There can be situations where the driver who caused the accident does not have any insurance. If this is the case, ask your pedestrian wreck lawyer about possible options. In some cases, people have a homeowner’s insurance policy that may partially cover damages for any injuries that the pedestrian may have suffered. The other option is to sue the driver. If you decide to do this, you will need to consult with a pedestrian accident lawyer. However, it is important to understand that the driver who was driving without an insurance policy will hardly be able to pay you for your expenses out of their pocket. This is where your pedestrian accident attorney can help you figure out a solution so that you can be compensated for the losses you have incurred.
What Happens If I Get Involved in a Pedestrian Accident?
Insurance companies may try and claim that the driver had no role to play at all in the accident and that the pedestrian accident victim is the one to blame. Their goal is to minimize their financial payout. In such a scenario, insurance companies tend to push for an early settlement. But it is important to discuss everything with a pedestrian accident lawyer before you agree to their offer. Keep in mind that once you sign on the dotted line, there is no turning back. Speak to a pedestrian accident attorney in Johns Creek, Georgia before you rush into anything. You might be somewhat at fault, but there is a possibility that you were not 100% to blame. A pedestrian accident attorney will be able to help you in this situation.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Help My Case?
Explore Different Compensation Options
All registered vehicle owners in Georgia are required by law to maintain liability insurance coverage in case there is an accident. The minimum requirement in Georgia for bodily injury liability insurance is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. Since most cases of pedestrian accidents are severe, these insurance caps are often not sufficient to cover all your injury bills. You will need to discuss all of these elements with your pedestrian accident lawyer so that they can help you understand the different options that might be available to recover your losses. There are always some drivers who are uninsured and underinsured. If they hit a pedestrian, it can become complicated to recover damages from them.
Provide Guidance for Rare Cases
Not all pedestrian accidents are as simple as a driver hitting a pedestrian on the road with their own car. It is also possible that the driver is covered by a policy from a rental car company or their employer. In other cases, the driver could be driving a government car or a vehicle that had defective brakes. In each of these scenarios, the case becomes more complex as you may file a lawsuit against the rental car company’s insurance, the local government agency (if possible), or even the car manufacturer. There can be different scenarios, so speak to personal accident lawyers before you file any claim.
Pedestrians Have Legal Protection: Ask Your Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for Guidance
Call a pedestrian accident lawyer at The Weinstein Firm to have them review your case. We are here to help you in this difficult time. You have to remember that if you get injured as a pedestrian, there are strict deadlines for filing your claim. Thus, it is important to speak to a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible. While you are recovering, your lawyer can determine more facts about the case and help you file a lawsuit against the parties responsible for causing your injuries. Our legal team is here to help you and will fight for your rights. Our aim is to get the compensation you deserve and to make sure that you recover your financial losses. Don’t delay. Call us today at The Weinstein Firm, and we will be happy to assist you.