Motorcycle Accident Lawyer In Decatur, GA
There’s no feeling like taking to the open road on a motorcycle. You get to experience driving like no other, but when an accident happens, you have a greater likelihood to get hurt and injured severely. Even though motorcycle riders share the same rights as vehicle drivers on the road, they are at a disadvantage because often they are difficult to see, causing an accident without warning. When you are involved in a motorcycle crash, you need a Decatur, Georgia motorcycle accident attorney that can help you with your case.
Motorcycle accidents that are the fault of another driver deserve compensation, and you need a motorcycle wreck lawyer that will fight to get you the settlement you deserve for your injuries and property damages. A motorcycle accident lawyer knows the law when it comes to motorcycles and can help you win your case against a negligent driver. A motorcycle accident attorney will fight for your legal rights and get you justice in your motorcycle crash case.
Working With A Decatur, GA, Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer for your motorcycle crash case can provide you the support you need to fight against a negligent driver that caused you harm. A motorcycle accident lawyer will work to develop a case that wins against a negligent driver and proves your claims of injury and property damage.
When you work with a motorcycle accident attorney, you will have the answers you need to the questions regarding your motorcycle crash. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Decatur, Georgia, will advise you on your legal rights and help you understand the laws regarding motorcycle accidents. Your motorcycle wreck lawyer will be with you every step of the legal process and work with an insurance company to settle your claim quickly, so you have a resolution to your motorcycle crash as soon as possible.
Allow Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer To Prove Fault In A Decatur, GA, Motorcycle Accident Case
Your motorcycle accident lawyer in Decatur, GA, is there to establish fault of another driver in a motorcycle crash case. You can count on your motorcycle wreck lawyer to prove negligence and build a case that supports your injury and property damage claims. Your motorcycle wreck lawyer will use all tools available to them to investigate all circumstances in a motorcycle accident. From witnesses to accident reports, your motorcycle accident lawyers know how to establish fault and win a motorcycle crash case.
Proving fault in a motorcycle accident case is imperative as Decatur, Georgia, uses a comparative fault law that takes into account the fault of all parties in an accident. This means that you are assigned a percentage of fault which can reduce your total settlement award amount.
For example, if you are 20 percent negligent for an accident because you were speeding or failed to obey a traffic sign, this percentage of fault will reduce your settlement award by 20 percent. For a settlement that is $20,000, if you are 20 percent at fault for the accident and the other driver is 80 percent at fault, your total settlement award would only be $16,000. This takes into account the 20 percent that you are at fault, reducing your settlement award accordingly.
For this reason, you need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Decatur, GA, that you can trust to prove negligence of another driver to the fullest degree possible. This will maximize your settlement award and provide you the biggest compensation for your injuries or property damages in a motorcycle accident.
No settlement award will occur in cases where it is determined that you are 50 percent or more at fault. Since your percentage of fault is more than half the total settlement award, it effectively cancels out any amount that would be paid to you by the other driver. Having a motorcycle accident lawyer that proves the fault of another driver is key to winning your motorcycle crash case and providing you the largest settlement award.
Filing A Decatur, GA, Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit With The Help Of Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Your accident lawyers in Decatur, Georgia, will always work to negotiate with an insurance company on your behalf to settle a case. However, there are instances when this is not possible. There might be a low settlement or no settlement offered. When this happens, your motorcycle wreck lawyer may advise you to take your case to court with a lawsuit.
A motorcycle accident attorney knows that court battles can be difficult for all parties involved. A motorcycle wreck is time-consuming and costly, and your motorcycle accident lawyer wants to do their part to minimize the complexity of your case. When it is impossible to settle a motorcycle accident out of court, a lawsuit is an effective way to ensure a larger settlement amount.
Your motorcycle accident lawyer will represent you in court and help file your lawsuit within the constraints of the statue of limitations set for motorcycle accident injury and property damage cases. According to the law in Decatur, Georgia, all motorcycle crash cases when an injury occurs need filing within two years from the date of the accident to avoid dismissal and ensure a settlement award offer.
In cases where a motorcycle driver’s injuries lead to death, lawsuits must file within two years from the date of the death of the victim. Property damage cases need filing within four years from the date of the accident to recover losses in the case.
Filing any of these motorcycle crash lawsuits after the statute of limitations has run out will cause the dismissal of your case. No settlement awarded is ordered even if the circumstances and injuries in the case are particularly severe.
Compensation In A Decatur, GA, Motorcycle Accident Case
Your injuries and property damages deserve compensation in a motorcycle accident. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine what type of compensation you are entitled to in a motorcycle crash case. Some of the common damages sought are:
- Medical expenses: The costs you have incurred because of your injuries in a motorcycle accident are recoverable as part of your settlement award. This includes all necessary and required medical treatment to care for your injuries now and into the future. A Decatur, GA, motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine the costs of your medical treatment and request these damages as part of your settlement award.
- Lost wages: When you miss work due to the recovery of your injuries from a motorcycle accident, you have a right to compensation for these lost wages. Your settlement award covers lost wages that you incurred from your recovery as well as any future lost wages you may lose out on due to your injuries in the future. Ask your motorcycle accident lawyers how to recover lost wages in your motorcycle accident case.
- Pain and suffering: Many times, a motorcycle accident can cause emotional pain and suffering that is long lasting. You deserve compensation for this mental anguish, and your settlement award can include these damages. Your motorcycle wreck lawyer can help you determine if you are experiencing pain and suffering from the injuries in your motorcycle accident.
- Loss of companionship: There is nothing more devastating than losing the loss of companionship of a loved one because of physical or mental injuries. This loss of companionship is recoupable under the law and your motorcycle accident attorney in Decatur, Georgia, can request these damages as part of your settlement award in your motorcycle crash case.
- Property damages: A motorcycle accident surely caused damage to your bike. You need compensation for repairs or replacement and a settlement award can request that these damages in your case. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine the total losses you have suffered from your motorcycle damages.
- Punitive damages: There are instances when a motorcycle crash is severe and reckless in nature. In these cases, the judge may order punitive damages to you above your requested damage claims. Punitive damages act as a deterrent to prevent others from engaging in similar reckless driving behavior that could injure another. Punitive damages financially punish a defendant and are ordered in particularly serious motorcycle accident cases. Your motorcycle accident lawyers can help you understand if your case qualifies for punitive damages.
The cap on most compensation is unlimited in Decatur, Georgia, with the exception of punitive damages which have a total settlement limit of $250,000.
Staying Safe When Riding A Motorcycle In Decatur, GA,
Staying safe on a motorcycle is the easiest way to avoid an accident which causes you injury or property damage. Being smart visible and defensive as you ride can help eliminate the potential for an accident. Keep these tips in mind as you ride to prevent a motorcycle crash from happening to you.
- Wear a helmet: While the law in Decatur, GA, requires that you wear a helmet at all times, regardless of age when riding a motorcycle, it also will protect you during the impact of a crash. Make sure you have a helmet that is safety certified and wear it all times when riding. Not only will you be obeying the law, but you can also prevent fatal injury from occurring in a crash.
- Use shatterproof glasses: Wearing shatterproof glasses when you ride can protect your eyes in a case. The lens of the glasses will not impact your eyes and can provide additional protection from debris should another driver hit you as you are riding.
- Put on leather: By donning a leather jacket and pants, you are able to protect your body should your bike slide on gravel or pavement. Leather is a durable material that offers good fall protection against road rash and other severe injuries that can harm your when involved in a motorcycle crash.
- Don’t forget boots: Wearing the right footwear when riding a motorcycle is also essential as you will be able to protect your feet in a crash. It is instinct to try and steady your bike if hit and if you are wearing footwear that is not tough enough to handle the conditions of the road, you will receive an injury to your feet.
- Add gloves: Just like boots protect your feet, gloves will provide additional protection to your hands should you be involved in a motorcycle accident. You may try to use your hands to stop your fall, and without gloves, you can cause severe injury or burns that are minimizable with this added hand protection.
- Keep your lights on: Making sure you are visible when on the road is key to avoiding an accident. Leaving your headlight on at all times can make you more visible to other drivers even during the daylight hours. Also, be sure to use your turn signals when making turns as another way to indicate to drivers your intentions on the road.
- Allow for additional space on the road: Giving you plenty of space on the road can also help prevent an accident. This gives you additional time to look ahead and down the road predicting an accident before it actually You’ll have plenty of stopping distance and be able to take necessary precautions if there is an obstacle in the road.
- Inspect your bike before you ride: Performing a good examination of your bike before you head out on the road can prevent any issues from arising from its components. Be sure to check that the headlights, turn signal, horn and brakes are in good working order. You will also want to inspect the tail lights and tire tread. The better condition your bike is in, the less chance you will have breaking down that can lead to an accident without warning.
Contact Your Decatur, GA, Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When a motorcycle crash causes you injury or property damage, you need a Decatur, Georgia motorcycle accident attorney you can trust. The motorcycle accident lawyers at The Weinstein Firm are here to help you. A motorcycle wreck lawyer from The Weinstein Firm can advise you of your legal rights and fight to get you the compensation you deserve. A motorcycle accident lawyer is ready to assist you.
Contact us today to set up a consultation.