The location currently known as Dallas, Georgia, and the surrounding area was originally inhabited by the Creek Indians, but would, in the end, lost their land in conflict with the Cherokee Nation in 1755. The area became a crossroads for the Cherokee who lived within the area.
When gold was found in Georgia in 1828, it started what became referred to as the Georgia Gold Rush. Paulding County became soon separated into 40-acre “Gold Lots” in the course of the Gold Lottery of 1832 and those got here from other parts of Georgia and different states to are looking for gold. The settlers determined little gold inside the region, with only small amounts being found in mines at Lost Mountain. Many settlers commenced the usage of their parcels of land to grow crops instead.
In the early 2000s, the city completed a first-rate refurbishment of downtown Dallas, which included including and updating sidewalks, including purple brick to the roadways, the advent of a large courtyard in the center of town, updating existing structural facades, adding a fountain place near the downtown gazebo, and further preserving ancient downtown structures.