Uber And Lyft Accident Lawyer In Decatur, GA
Today there are more transportation options available and the use of Uber and Lyft, make it easier than ever to get around. These effective and affordable forms of transportation sometimes come with a cost. Accidents can happen to you as a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, and injury could occur without warning. When you are involved in an accident where an injury happens as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, you need the help of an Uber accident lawyer in Decatur, Georgia, to help you with your case.
You have a legal right to compensation for your injuries when riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle. These companies carry insurance policies to protect riders, and you deserve a settlement award when hurt because of the negligent actions of your Uber or Lyft driver.
Working With A Decatur, GA, Uber Accident Lawyer
Fighting for compensation for an injury claim against Uber or Lyft can be a challenging process to endure. An Uber wreck lawyer in Decatur, GA, knows how to work with these large companies to get you the compensation you need to pay your medical bills and lost wages from work. Hiring a Lyft accident attorney can make it easier and quicker to see a settlement after an Uber or Lyft accident has caused you injury.
When you work with Lyft accident lawyers, you have the benefit of knowing that the handling of your case will get the care and sensitivity it deserves. Your Uber accident lawyer will fight against these large transportation companies and negotiate a fair settlement for your injuries. Do not allow Uber or Lyft to ignore your injury claims when an Uber wreck lawyer will handle negotiations on your behalf so you can focus on your recovery.
Allow Your Lyft Accident Attorney To Prove A Decatur, GA, Uber Or Lyft Accident
In an Uber or Lyft accident, there are several factors to consider when trying to win compensation for your injury claims. Both Uber and Lyft carry a $1 million insurance policy for their drivers per accident. This is in addition to the auto insurance your driver may have as part of their personal policy. Your Uber accident lawyer will work to pool all insurance companies collectively to get you the maximum compensation for your injuries.
When a driver is working for Uber or Lyft, they are automatically covered by the companies’ insurance policy if they are logged into the ridesharing app and driving a passenger at the time. If they are not logged in the Uber or Lyft application, their personal auto insurance may cover your injuries as they are not technically considered working for the ridesharing companies at the time of the accident. Your Uber wreck lawyer will investigate the driving status of your driver at the time of the accident to determine who is responsible for your injury claims.
There are also instances when your Uber or Lyft driver is not negligent for an accident. Another vehicle may have caused the crash and was negligent for the collision. In these cases, your Lyft accident lawyers will fight against their insurance policy to get compensation for your injuries. These crash cases are handled similarly to any other Decatur auto accident where their personal insurance policy covers the damages you sustained in the crash. Your Lyft accident attorney can fight for your legal rights in these third-party accident cases as well.
Filing A Decatur, GA, Uber Or Lyft Accident Lawsuit
An Uber or Lyft accident is subject to deadlines for filing a lawsuit against these ridesharing companies. Your Uber wreck lawyer will work diligently to settle your injury claims out of court. But, there are instances when a lawsuit is unavoidable. Your Lyft accident attorney knows that court trials are costly and time-consuming for all involved. A Lyft accident attorney will do their part to prevent your case from ending up there. If after all efforts have been made to collect compensation for your injuries with no avail, your Uber accident lawyer in Decatur, Georgia, may recommend that you take your case to court to ensure the maximum settlement offer possible.
Only when a settlement cannot be reached, will your Lyft accident lawyers suggest that your case goes to court. Your Uber wreck lawyer will be on your side and represent you every step of the way in your legal battle. A Lyft accident attorney in Decatur, GA, will fight to get you fair compensation and help you win your case against these ridesharing companies.
Your lawsuit against Uber or Lyft or one of its drivers does need to occur within the statue of limitation set in Decatur, Georgia. For your injury case, you have two years from the date of the Uber or Lyft accident to file your lawsuit in the appropriate court. If the injuries are fatal, the timeline extends to two years from the date the death of the victim.
Because there is a time sensitivity to filing these lawsuits, you need to discuss your case with a Decatur, Georgia, Uber accident lawyer as soon as possible after the crash. This will provide your Lyft accident lawyers time to compile a case against Uber or Lyft and negotiate with all parties’ insurance companies on your behalf.
Waiting to file your injury claim can be detrimental as the judge could dismiss it entirely if filed after the two-year deadline. This would mean no compensation would be offered for your injuries, leaving you responsible for covering the costs on your own.
Compensation In A Decatur, GA, Uber Or Lyft Accident
Your injuries from an Uber or Lyft crash deserve compensation, and a settlement award can help cover the costs that you have endured over the course of your medical treatment. There is a variety of damages that your Uber accident lawyer can request on your behalf as part of your settlement award. Recoverable damages include:
- Medical costs: The expenses you have incurred for your medical treatment are recoverable as part of your settlement award. This includes all necessary and required medical care you would need to treat your injuries immediately after the crash as well as any future medical treatment you would need for these same injuries in the future. Your Uber accident lawyer in Decatur, Georgia, can help you determine what your medical costs are now as well as long-term. There is no limit to the amount of medical costs awarded in an injury case.
- Lost wages from work: Your injury recovery may have caused you to miss time from work. In this instance, you are allowed to request the lost wages you missed out on as part of your settlement award. This can also include any future wages you may lose out on in the future because of your injuries. An Uber wreck lawyer can assist you in calculating your total lost wages because of your recovery. There is also no limit on the amount of lost wages ordered in an injury case from an Uber or Lyft accident.
- Pain and suffering: Often times the injuries you sustain can cause you mental anguish and emotional pain that are sufferable after an Uber or Lyft accident. You deserve compensation for this pain and suffering, and your Uber accident lawyer can fight to get you compensation for these damages. Pain and suffering damages have no monetary cap in Decatur, Georgia.
- Punitive damages: There are times when the events of an Uber or Lyft accident are severe in nature. They may have been the result of aggressive and reckless behavior by your driver, and the judge may order punitive damages paid as part of your settlement award. This compensation is over and above your requested settlement award and is used to further punish the driver of your accident for their dangerous behavior. There is a cap of $250,000 on these damages per accident. Your Lyft accident attorney can advise you if punitive damages are handed down in your case.
Common Decatur, GA, Uber And Lyft Accident Causes
While many Uber and Lyft accidents are the fault of another driver on the road, there are instances when your driver is negligent for your injuries caused by a crash. These common Uber and Lyft accident causes are the fault of the driver and can put your in danger should they arise.
- Impaired driving: If your driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they can put you at risk as a passenger in their vehicle. Not only is this behavior illegal, but it can also easily cause a crash where you are injured. If you suspect your Uber or Lyft driver was under the influence when driving, contact your Uber accident lawyer in Decatur, Georgia, about your case.
- Fatigue: Uber and Lyft drivers are also subject to fatigue. When a driver is too tired to operate their vehicle, a crash can happen that hurts you or a loved one. Discuss the condition of your driver with your Uber accident lawyer and let them know if fatigue was a factor in the crash.
- Reckless driving: Drivers that voluntarily disobey the law of the road by acting recklessly can put you in a dangerous situation that you have no control over. If you notice that your driver is intentionally driving recklessly, brace yourself for a possible crash and be sure to talk to an Uber wreck lawyer about your injuries.
- Distracted driving: You may notice that your driver is constantly using their phone or fiddling with the radio or another electronic device. This is distracted driving and is extremely hazardous to you and other drivers on the road. When your driver does not pay attention to the road fully and completely, they can cause an accident to happen. Let your Lyft accident attorney know that your driver was distracted when transporting you and may have caused the crash because of their inattentiveness.
- Speeding: Drivers that speed excessively are creating a dangerous situation for you as a passenger. They are performing illegal actions and driving at high rates of speeds can make a crash even worse. You may suffer severe injuries if your driver is speeding unnecessarily. Take note of your driver’s speed and be sure to discuss your case with an Uber accident lawyer in Decatur, Georgia.
- Tailgating: Your driver has a responsibility to transport you safely to your destination. When they tailgate, it puts you at risk. They are not leaving enough space to stop and could easily hit the car in front of them. This could injure you as a passenger without warning. If you notice that your driver is tailgating, tell your Uber accident lawyer about this reckless driving behavior during your consultation with them.
- Vehicle condition: The condition of your driver’s vehicle can also help to keep you safe. They should have performed regular maintenance on their vehicle, and all systems should be in proper working order. If you notice a maintenance or repair issue with your driver’s vehicle, inform your Uber accident lawyer about this detail.
Staying safe in an Uber and Lyft vehicle is a challenge. You are riding with a driver you are not familiar with and are not used to their driving behavior. To stay safe as a passenger in their vehicle, it is always best if you wear your seatbelt in the front or back seat of the vehicle. Also, be sure to review the rating of the Uber or Lyft driver that you choose to ride with to your destination. This can help you select a driver that drives safely and has a vehicle with the latest safety features.
Contact A Decatur, GA, Uber Accident Lawyer Today!
If you were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft vehicle and an injury happened during an accident, you need an Uber accident lawyer that can help you with your case. The Lyft accident lawyers at The Weinstein Firm can fight these ridesharing companies to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. An Uber wreck lawyer at The Weinstein Firm is ready to assist you with your legal questions and help you understand your legal rights as a passenger involved in an Uber or Lyft accident. Contact us today to set up a consultation!