Truck Accident Lawyer in Johns Creek, GA
The number of trucks on the roads has continued to increase over the past few decades. Trucks provide a vital service in Johns Creek — they are one of the cheapest and most efficient ways of transportation of goods. Unfortunately, the greater number of trucks also increases the risk of truck accidents. If you have been a victim of a truck accident, you need to speak to a truck accident lawyer in Johns Creek, Georgia as soon as you can.
Truck accidents can be catastrophic. In most cases, these accidents involve other cars, motorbikes and sometimes cyclists. When there is a truck accident, the smaller vehicles and its passengers have very little chance of escaping injury since trucks are big and the impact when they hit a smaller vehicle can be quite significant. That is why truck accidents involving cars or motorcycles often result in serious and life-threatening injuries. Talk to a truck wreck lawyer to find out how you can get compensation if you have incurred a physical injury or property damage.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Johns Creek, GA
There are many causes of truck accidents in Johns Creek, GA. These include:
- Speeding is often the most cited factor for truck accidents. Truck drivers often drive at very high speeds in order to make it to their destination more quickly so they can move on to the next load. However, since trucks are large vehicles, it is difficult to stop abruptly if the need arises. Accidents happen when the truck driver is driving too fast and loses control when it tries to avoid a collision or brake suddenly. Talk to a truck accident attorney if you are a victim of a truck accident where the truck driver was driving too fast.
- Another common reason for truck accidents is an unsafe truck or a truck that is not deemed roadworthy. In such a case, it is not just the truck driver who is to blame, but also the trucking company who employs the driver. This is because it is the responsibility of the trucking company to ensure that the truck is regularly inspected and that all functions are in place before it goes out on the road. This often is not the case, and that is why there are many trucks that are not fit to be on the road. This results in accidents caused by burst tires or failed brakes, etc. Talk to truck accident lawyers to find out how you can be compensated for your injuries in a truck accident.
- Distraction is another very common cause of truck accidents. Truck drivers often have the radio on too loud or drive with a coffee cup or sandwich in their hand. Whenever a driver is distracted because they are listening to loud music, eating, or texting, the risk of an accident multiplies. Speak to a truck accident lawyer if you were hit by a distracted truck driver.
- Driver fatigue is a very common problem among truck drivers. Truck drivers put in long hours and have long distances to travel. Often, they do their shifts with minimal breaks. Night driving is also an important part of a truck driver’s job. However, driver fatigue can have a negative impact on the driver’s concentration level and their response time. And when accidents happen as a result, the injuries can be quite serious. Talk to truck accident lawyers about how you can get financial help with your medical bills and other costs.
Types of Injuries Following a Truck Accident
In general, the type of injury in a truck accident depends on the type of accident, speed, and size of the truck and the size and type of other vehicles involved in the accident. The problem is that trucks are huge and the sheer size of the truck means that the driver and/or passengers in the other vehicle(s) will be injured. If you or passengers in your car have suffered serious injuries in a truck accident, you should consult a Georgia truck accident lawyer as soon as possible so that you can get some financial support to help you deal with your medical expenses and lost wages.
Some of the most common injuries that occur after a truck accident include:
- Crush injuries are quite common when a big vehicle like a truck hits a smaller vehicle. Speak to a truck wreck lawyer if you have sustained crush injuries in a truck accident.
- Injuries to abdominal organs like the liver, spleen, bowel, and bladder can be painful and recovery times can be quite long. In addition, treatment for these injuries can be expensive. You need to consult a truck accident attorney to determine how you can recover your damages.
- Pelvic fractures are also common in a truck accident. The victim may have to take days off from work to recover, resulting in lost wages. Prescription costs could be high, as well. Talk to truck accident lawyers to find out how you can recover your financial losses.
- Head trauma can be life-changing and both physically and mentally disturbing. People who suffer a head injury can have consequences that have a long-term impact. Make sure you discuss the severity of your injuries with a truck accident lawyer.
- Spinal cord injury resulting in paralysis is another serious injury that could result from a truck accident. This could lead to long-term disability. There are benefits that victims can claim if this is the case. Ask your truck wreck lawyer about car accidents and disability claims.
- Severe lacerations can be painful and require extensive treatment. Medical bills are likely to be high. Talk to a truck accident attorney to find out how you can be compensated.
- Amputation of the limbs is not only a serious injury, but can be extremely traumatic for the victim in question. This is one injury that would result in a complete change in a person’s life. Their financial situation can become completely unstable, and their personal life could change dramatically. If you are a victim of a truck accident, it is imperative that you speak to truck accident lawyers so that you can be compensated for your losses and your pain and suffering.
All these injuries are very serious and can often be life-altering and life-threatening. Depending on the injury, one may require a prolonged stay in the hospital. Even after long-term discharge, rehabilitation may be required to regain muscle strength and joint mobility. Talk to a Georgia truck accident lawyer to discuss your options for seeking compensation through a negotiated settlement or in court.
How a Johns Creek Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you were in a truck accident and suffered serious injuries, a truck wreck lawyer can assist you in getting compensation for your financial losses. Keep in mind that in order to get compensation, you and your truck accident lawyer will have to file a claim with the truck driver’s insurance company. As far as insurance companies are concerned, they will try their best to either deny your claim or pay you as minimal an amount as possible. This is where the truck accident attorney comes in. Truck accident lawyers are well-versed in how the law works and how a claim should be filed to ensure that the victims are properly compensated.
The insurance companies will investigate the scene of the accident and gather evidence. The key reason for this initial investigation is to limit the liability of the truck driver. At this point, if you have been injured in a truck accident, you should seek assistance from a truck accident lawyer who can then conduct the investigation on your behalf.
Keep in mind that you should not engage in any long discussions and/or negotiations with the insurance company without consulting your truck accident attorney. That is because insurance companies can use what you say against you. Only talk openly with your truck wreck lawyer and provide them as much information as you can. Then let your truck accident attorney deal with the insurance companies.
Types of Compensation
Whether you plan to sue the driver or the trucking company, those responsible for causing the truck accident can be held liable for:
- All your present and future medical bills
- Lost wages starting from the time of the accident and for any lost time at work
- Damage to your car and/or property
- Loss in the ability to work and for your future income
- Any pain and suffering
- Payment for all rehabilitation that may be required now and in future
Discuss what type of compensation you can receive with your truck wreck lawyer as soon as you can.
Talk About Seeking a Settlement with a Truck Accident Attorney
If you get injured in a truck collision and if the fault is not yours, the truck driver’s insurance company will contact you to make an early offer and settle. They will appear to be sympathetic towards you and may offer you a lump sum amount which might seem quite appealing to you initially. However, do not accept any such offer without talking to your truck wreck lawyer first.
Keep in mind that there are many factors at play. Your truck accident attorney is the person who should be making negotiations on your behalf. Insurance companies are very smart, and they know how to exploit your vulnerability when you are injured and in need of financial support. All insurance companies try to settle for less because that is their job. But you need to let your Johns Creek, Georgia truck accident lawyer handle your case. Your truck wreck lawyer will know how to negotiate and will have the skills to get you the best possible settlement.
Reach Out to a Truck Accident Lawyer in Johns Creek, Georgia
All truck drivers have a duty to obey traffic laws and watch out for other vehicles and pedestrians. If they do not fulfill this responsibility, it can lead to long-term consequences as injuries from truck accidents are usually serious. The way to get the best settlement for your injuries is to speak with an experienced lawyer. Call our truck accident lawyer at The Weinstein Firm so that they can help you get the best possible legal representation.
Our truck accident lawyer will discuss the specifics of your case in great detail so that they can outline a strategy to ensure you get the right settlement. At The Weinstein Firm, it is our goal to put our clients first and to always try to get the compensation they deserve. Call our firm and let us assist you in getting the financial support you need during this difficult time. Our first consultation for new clients is completely free so that you can have the peace of mind that there is somebody who knows the law and who is willing to give you an opinion about your case.
In Johns Creek, GA, when accidents involve trucks and trailers, lawsuits can be complicated because of complex state and federal regulations. Truck drivers often are employees of a company, and hence there are more parties involved in a truck accident case as opposed to a car accident case. In addition, there is a statute of limitations, and if you decide to file a lawsuit, you have to do so within a specified period of time. That is why it is important that you contact a Georgia truck accident lawyer as soon as you can so that they can help resolve your case quickly and effectively. The earlier you speak to a truck accident lawyer, the faster you can get a resolution.
An additional benefit to reaching out to a truck accident lawyer sooner rather than later is that they can gather evidence to support your case right away. Memories fade over time and evidence can get lost, so if you wait several months to file your claim, some key information could be missing. To prevent this from happening to you, consult with a The Weinstein Firm truck wreck lawyer about your case and give them as much detail as possible about what happened to you. They can get the ball rolling for your case so that you can seek and receive the compensation you deserve for your truck accident injuries.