Surgical Mistake Lawyer
Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Doctors, nurses and other medical providers are under immense pressure to make calculated decisions with a limited amount of time when surgery needs to be performed. When medical staff fail to provide their full attention during surgery, the patient on the operating table can sustain devastating injuries with lasting consequences.
Common causes of surgical mistakes include:
- Damage to parts of the body not being operated on
- Discharge a patient prematurely
- Disregard patient history
- Failure to advise patient of every potential risk
- Failure to follow up with patient post-surgery
- Failure to recognize symptoms
- Perform surgery on the wrong part of the body
- Perform unnecessary surgery
- Misread laboratory results
- Negligently leave surgical tools in the patient
Investigating a Surgical Malpractice Case
With the life of an individual at stake during surgery, hospitals and surgical teams must take comprehensive precautions since no two surgeries are identical. Every surgery presents various, unique factors which require sufficient understanding and preparation prior to surgery. Failure to conduct such proper protocol can result in debilitating harm, that’s why our legal team can conduct a thorough investigation into all aspects of the surgery to determine if negligent actions caused the injuries our clients have suffered.
Common Causes of Surgical Mistakes:
- Alcohol or Drug Use – To cope with the stress deriving from the pressure of surgery, surgeons may turn to alcohol or drugs
- Fatigue – Due to the long work shifts, fatigue may result in mistakes
- Incompetence – The surgeon may lack the skill necessary to perform a successful surgery
- Lack of Preoperative Planning – Preparation is an importance facet of surgery in order to avoid encountering mistakes
- Poor Communication – Failure to communicate can result in a multitude of mistakes, such as using the wrong dosage of anesthesia or marking the wrong site for surgery
Very Satisfied! Brad made it his priority to ensure I was taken care of.
Why Choose The Weinstein Firm?
At The Weinstein Firm, we operate on what is called a contingency fee basis. This means that you, as our client, pay no upfront fees and owe us nothing until we secure a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf. To put it another way: You don't pay unless we win. Our contingency fee policy makes it risk-free to work with an Atlanta personal injury attorney from our office.
Choose The Weinstein Firm and you can benefit from:
- Instant answers to your questions – we promptly return all phone calls and emails
- Detailed insight into your case – we keep you informed of any and all updates in your case
- Easy accessibility to a lawyer – we are willing to meet you at our office, your home, or the hospital
It's time to hold the responsible party accountable for your injury. It's time to seek the compensation you are rightfully owed. It's time to take legal action. If you're ready to learn more about your legal options or if you would like to begin the claims-filing process today, call us for help.