Fayetteville Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Lawyer in Fayetteville, GA
Car accidents are a common occurrence in Fayetteville, Georgia. Not only do they make roads unsafe for drivers and passengers, but car accidents also can really affect the lives of those involved. From serious injuries to long-term disability, there is no saying what damage a single car crash can have on the lives of many people. If you are a resident of Fayetteville, GA and if you have been injured in a car accident, you need to speak to a car accident attorney at your earliest convenience. Car accident lawyers can help you recover any financial losses you may have incurred because of the car accident.
Discuss Your Car Accident Injuries with your Fayetteville GA Car Accident Lawyer
The types of injuries that drivers and/or passengers can incur if they are in a car accident depend on the severity of the accident. Car accident victims often report muscle and bone injuries, fractures, dislocations, internal bleeding, head trauma, spinal damage, whiplash, and other similar medical conditions. Some injuries are considered minor, and the victims are usually sent off after a thorough check-up while others are more serious and require immediate treatment and medical attention. For victims who end up with loss of muscle function and/or muscle strength, rehabilitation may be the only course of action. In some unfortunate situations, car accident victims can also end up with long-term disability. If you were in a car accident in Fayetteville, GA, you need to discuss
your injuries with your car wreck lawyer so that they can let you know how you can recover money to compensate for the medical expenses that you have incurred for the treatment of those injuries. A car accident attorney will help collect compensation in such a case.
What Steps to Take if You Are In a Car Accident in Fayetteville, GA?
Nobody can ever prepare themselves for a road accident. It is a scary and frightful thought. However, the reality is that accidents do happen and sometimes, really bad ones. If you or somebody you know is involved in a car accident, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t panic. Car accidents can be traumatic, but you can make a bad situation worse if you go into panic mode.
- Check if you have suffered any injuries. If possible and if required, check if anyone else in your vehicle and the other vehicle(s) has been injured.
- Call 911. It is always a good idea to report an accident to the police immediately. Also, if you or anyone else around you has been injured, it is important to seek medical attention without any unnecessary delays.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident. This is something you should remember at all times. Under no circumstances should you ever flee the scene of a car accident. This is true whether you were at fault or not. Stay there and wait for law enforcement and medical help to arrive. Your car accident attorney will always advise you that you should never leave the scene of a car accident.
- If you are not badly injured and if you are in the right frame of mind, you could collect as much information as you possibly can. This should ideally include the name and contact information of the other driver(s) involved in the accident, details of any witnesses on the scene, photographs of the cars involved in the accident, any visible damage to the vehicles and any skid marks, shattered glass or any other debris from the accident. Try to record and capture as much information as you possibly can.
- Call a car accident lawyer and provide the details of the accident. Your car accident attorney can provide you the legal counsel and the legal help you need.
- Call your car insurance provider and inform them that you have been involved in a car accident.
Discuss With Your Car Accident Attorney the Fault System in Fayetteville, Georgia
In Fayetteville, GA, all car accident cases are evaluated on the basis of fault. Therefore, the amount the amount of compensation that is approved for car accident victims s dependent on the level of fault of the parties involved. If one driver is found to be completely at fault, they are the ones who are held accountable for any damages that accident victims may have incurred. In such a case, those who suffer injuries can simply file a compensation claim with their insurance company which in turn will pursue the claim with the insurance company of the driver(s) who is deemed to be at fault. Speak to a car accident lawyer as to how a compensation claim will work if it is the other driver who caused the accident.
If there is an accident and you were partially at fault, the State of Georgia will use the rule of modified comparative negligence. As per this particular rule, the fault level of all parties involved in the accident will be evaluated. If multiple parties caused the accident, each party would be assigned a particular level of fault. Compensation claims will be reduced by each driver’s level of fault.
For example, if you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount that you and your car wreck lawyer have claimed will be reduced by the same amount. If you claimed $10,000, 20% of that claim amount would be reduced to account for your role in the accident. The logic behind the modified comparative negligence principle is that each party should be held liable for their actions. If the other party is completely at fault, they are held completely responsible. If the other party is 70% at fault, they will be held liable for only 70% of the damages that have been incurred. If you are completely at fault, you will be held 100% liable for any damages that may be incurred. Talk to a car accident lawyer about the modified comparative negligence principle and how it works.
Let Your Car Wreck Lawyer Handle the Insurance Company
As mentioned above, establishing fault is the most important element of a car accident case. That is why it is important that you when you speak to your car accident lawyer, you give them all the details of the accident. The information you provide at this point in time can help your car accident attorney prepare a strong argument on your behalf.
Every licensed driver with a registered vehicle on the roads in Fayetteville, Georgia is required by law to carry mandatory insurance coverage. This insurance coverage is designed to cover any bodily injury or property damage that might occur in case of a car accident. However, insurance companies are not non-profit organizations. Insurance is a money-making industry, and while the concept is to provide you protection in case of an accident, in reality, this protection might be difficult to obtain when you need it the most. Let your car accident lawyers handle the insurance company, whether it’s your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company.
A car accident can be life-changing and the recovery time for many car accident victims can be long. During this time, your focus needs to be on your health. The primary objective of hiring a car accident lawyer is to allow them to deal with the legal aspects on your behalf. You don’t want to get involved in the constant back and forth with insurance companies as their primary goal is to make sure they pay you as little money as possible. For this, they will try to find evidence that would prove that you were also at fault for causing the accident. Talk to your car wreck lawyer in this regard and how to best deal with the situation if this happens.
If the case is fairly simple and the other driver is 100% at fault, that driver’s insurance company has to pay you for any damages that you may have incurred. But what they might also do is offer you a quick settlement for an amount that may not be fair or accurate. When people are in an accident, they are faced with expenses that they have not anticipated. They are often stressed out about how they will come up with the funding to pay for immediate medical treatment costs, prescription medicines, etc. Your car accident lawyer will tell you how insurance companies often take advantage of this situation and offer victims money in the hope that they will accept quickly because they need money at that point in time. Don’t make that mistake. If the insurance company initiates an offer, tell your car wreck lawyer immediately. Do not sign anything. Don’t accept responsibility for the car accident. Don’t do or say anything that you might regret later. Let your car accident lawyer do the talking for you.
Insurance companies can make your life miserable especially if you were also party responsible for the accident. Even if you were 10% responsible, they would try their best to pin the blame on you and create an argument that their client was also a victim and that you do not deserve the amount that you claim. Car accident lawyers are aware of how insurance companies work. Let your car accident lawyer negotiate with the insurance company, and you focus on your health and your recovery.
Ask Your Car Accident Lawyers about the Damages You Can Claim
The amount you claim after a car accident is dependent on the type and severity of your injuries. But in general you can claim:
- Medical expenses which include any immediate medical costs for doctor consultation, hospitalization, prescription medicines and medical procedures. The amount you claim can also include any anticipated medical costs in future based on the diagnosis and treatment plan outlined by your healthcare provider. Discuss this with your car wreck lawyer.
- Lost Wages which might result if you have sustained serious injuries because of the car accident and are unable to go back to work immediately. The earnings that you lose during this time can be recovered. Speak to your car accident lawyer about this.
- Damage to property can also be claimed by car accident victims. You will need proof to make such a claim, and that is why it is important that you speak to your car accident lawyer in this regard.
- Pain and Distress is a natural consequence of being in a car accident. This is even more applicable to people who have sustained serious and/or life-changing injuries. This is the most subjective element of your compensation claim and can be challenging to prove. However, a car accident lawyer who has previously worked with car accident victims would know that pain and suffering can sometimes be worse than the financial losses that victims incur. That is why it is important to tell your car accident lawyer exactly how you feel and the changes that have occurred in your physical health, personal life and professional life due to the accident. This information can be used to establish pain and suffering in a car accident case.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer
If you are in a car accident in Fayetteville, Georgia, you need to speak to a car wreck lawyer. A car accident lawyer will represent you and will prepare a strong argument on your behalf based on the losses that you have incurred.
The Weinstein Firm has a team of car accident lawyers who have dealt with numerous car accident victims and have successfully collected compensation for them. Our car accident attorney realizes that car accidents can have a life-changing impact on many people and while money cannot substitute for good health and peace of mind, it can certainly go a long way in relieving the number of bills that may have accumulated due to the accident. Speak to our car wreck lawyer and provide them the details of your accident so that they can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our car accident attorney is here to help you, and they will ensure that they protect your rights get you the justice you seek.
Why Choose The Weinstein Firm?
At The Weinstein Firm, we operate on what is called a contingency fee basis. This means that you, as our client, pay no upfront fees and owe us nothing until we secure a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf. To put it another way: You don't pay unless we win. Our contingency fee policy makes it risk-free to work with an Atlanta personal injury attorney from our office.
Choose The Weinstein Firm and you can benefit from:
- Instant answers to your questions – we promptly return all phone calls and emails
- Detailed insight into your case – we keep you informed of any and all updates in your case
- Easy accessibility to a lawyer – we are willing to meet you at our office, your home, or the hospital
It's time to hold the responsible party accountable for your injury. It's time to seek the compensation you are rightfully owed. It's time to take legal action. If you're ready to learn more about your legal options or if you would like to begin the claims-filing process today, call us for help.