Wrongful Death Lawyer In Decatur, GA
Accidents can happen in the blink of the eye. They can cause injury, and in the most extreme of events, they can lead to death. When someone’s negligent actions cause an accident that causes a death, there are laws in place to protect the deceased and help the family recover from there losses. Losing a loved one is never easy, especially when the death is unexpected and the fault of another. You need a Decatur, Georgia, wrongful death lawyer to help you with your case.
There are a variety of accidents that can claim the life of a loved one without warning. These wrongful death accidents deserve compensation. While no amount of money can bring a loved one back or help with the pain you are dealing with, a wrongful death attorney can financially help you through this difficult time. You need a wrongful death lawyer you can count on to take your case and get you the results you are looking for in your case. Decatur, Georgia, wrongful death attorneys will fight for your legal rights in a wrongful death case on behalf of your loved one. Your wrongful death lawyer will work for you and help you win your case to get justice for your loved one.
Working With A Decatur, GA, Wrongful Death Lawyer
Fighting a wrongful death claim is challenging for a family to endure, especially when you are grieving over the loss of a loved one. Working with a Decatur, Georgia, wrongful death lawyer can help you move forward after the death of a loved one and help you get the compensation you need to continue with your life.
Your loved one may have been the sole contributor to your family, and you need a settlement award to pay for funeral costs, medical bills, and lost wages from work. Your wrongful death attorneys in Decatur, GA, will fight to get you a settlement award quickly, so you can continue supporting your household without worry.
A Decatur, Georgia, wrongful death lawyer will work with an insurance company to negotiate a settlement for your losses in a wrongful death accident. Your wrongful death attorneys will fight to get you fair compensation and advise you of your legal rights. You can count on a wrongful death lawyer to guide you through the complicated legal process in a wrongful death case and work with employers, businesses, or private parties to get you a settlement that is worthy of you’re the losses your family has suffered.
Who Can File A Decatur, GA, Wrongful Death Suit?
When an accident claims the life of your loved one, the effects can be heartbreaking. Not only are you at the mercy of an insurance company for your financial wellbeing, but you are without the love and support of your family member. You have a right to compensation in these cases, and your wrongful death lawyers can help you file a lawsuit against the negligent party that is responsible for your loved one’s death.
Under the laws in Decatur, Georgia, the spouse of a wrongful death victim can file a lawsuit in court for compensation of their partner’s death. You also have a right to bring a suit on behalf of the children you had with your spouse if they are minors. This allows you to represent their interest in court and get them the compensation they need for the losses they are suffering.
For instances when the deceased did not have a spouse or children, the laws of the state allow a surviving parent to file a lawsuit against the parties responsible for their child’s death in a wrongful death case. There are also cases where a representative of the deceased’s estate can bring a lawsuit on your behalf if you die in a wrongful death accident. Your wrongful death lawyer can help you understand if you have right to file a lawsuit on behalf of your loved one when they die in an accident that is the fault of another. Discussing your case with Decatur GA accident lawyers can help to make it clear what your legal rights are as a spouse, parent or legal representative.
Deadline For Filing A Decatur, GA, Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If your loved one dies in a wrongful death accident, you need to speak to a wrongful death attorney immediately about your case. There are laws in place that dictate how long you have to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of your loved one. These laws provide a two-year deadline that starts from the date of the death of your family member.
Because there is a limited timeline for filing these lawsuits, it is important that you speak to your Decatur, Georgia, wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible about your case. Your wrongful death lawyers need time to build an aggressive case against the defendant. Wrongful death attorneys need time to negotiate with insurance companies prior to filing a lawsuit. Your wrongful death attorneys will ensure you meet the filing deadline for a wrongful death suit and help you win the maximum compensation in your case.
Waiting to speak to a wrongful death lawyer about your case could prevent you from receiving a settlement award if it is after the two-year deadline. This could cause the dismissal of your case by a judge and eliminate your potential for compensation in your case.
Compensation In A Decatur, GA, Wrongful Death Case
The laws in Decatur, Georgia, allow for a range of damages that are recoverable for the loss of a loved one in a wrongful death accident. This compensation can help you pay medical bills as well as funeral costs. Your wrongful death attorneys can help you recover damages for:
- Lost wages: You have a right to receive compensation for the lost wages that your loved one would have earned had they not been killed in a wrongful death accident. With your family member providing income to help support your household, there is no reason that you have to financially suffer because someone was negligent in causing their death. Your wrongful death lawyer in Decatur, GA, can help you understand the lost wages you are entitled to as part of your settlement award.
- Lost benefits: You also have a right to recover benefits lost from the death of your loved one in a wrongful death accident. These benefits were a major part of protecting your family and when they are suddenly taken away from you there needs to be compensation for these losses. Your wrongful death lawyers will fight to recover the loss of benefits you endured because of the death of your loved one at the hands of another.
- Lost companionship and care: Your loved one was no doubt a major part of your life. Without their companionship and care, your life has considerably changed and not for the better. You have a right to a settlement award that includes damages for lost companionship and care. Let your wrongful death attorneys fight for compensation for these losses as part of your settlement award.
- Medical expenses: Upon your loved one’s death, you may have a pile of medical bills that are stacking up. These bills are not your responsibility as the parties that are negligent in your family member’s death need to cover these medical expenses. Your wrongful death attorney in Decatur, Georgia, will fight to get these medical bills paid and included as part of your total settlement award.
- Funeral and burial costs: Giving your family member the final send-off they deserve is an important part of memorializing their life. You have a right to request that these funeral and burial costs be covered in your settlement award. There is no reason that you should have to bear these costs in an unexpected death that was the cause of another. Let your wrongful death lawyer get you compensation for funeral and burial costs for your loved one after a wrongful death accident has claimed their life.
- Pain and suffering: Losing your loved one is never easy, and the pain and suffering you are going through are insurmountable. You have a right to compensation for this emotional pain and mental anguish from losing a loved one so unexpectedly. Your wrongful death attorney can help you determine if you are eligible for pain and suffering compensation as part of your total settlement award.
Common Decatur, GA Wrongful Death Accidents
There are a variety of ways and places that a wrongful death accident can happen. Many of these accidents happen without warning. These are some of the most common wrongful death accidents that could happen to you or a loved one.
- Workplace accidents: Your company may have faulty equipment or procedures in place that put you at risk. Explosions, fires, and deadly falls can happen in the workplace without warning, killing you or a loved one easily. The uses of heavy equipment in the workplace increases these dangers, and when the ignoring of safety precautions occurs by your employer, they can place your family member at risk for a deadly accident. You have right to compensation for these accidents and your wrongful death lawyer in Decatur, Georgia, can get you a settlement that is worthy of your losses.
- Business accidents: Even the simple act of visiting a business can put you or your family members at risk. You could die from poorly maintained equipment or slippery floors that cause a deadly fall. It is the responsibility of the business owner to keep you safe at all times and warn you when an area is unsecured or could cause harm. When communication about these dangers does not happen, it can put you in a situation where a wrongful death accident can happen in an instant.
- Entertainment site accidents: Amusement parks, pools, and concerts are also the scenes of wrongful death accidents. While these entertainment sites provide plenty of fun for all, they can also be deadly when safety is not a priority. Faulty equipment, drownings, and stampedes can cause a deadly seen that kills you or a loved one. You have a right to compensation for the loss of your loved one at any one of these locations. Your wrongful death attorney can help you understand if your family member has suffered a wrongful death accident that deserves compensation.
- Private party accidents: Sometimes wrongful death accidents happen on private property. The same laws apply in these situations as the property owner is responsible for keeping you safe and when your family member dies from improperly maintained areas at a home, you need wrongful death attorneys on your side to fight for a settlement award that is fair.
- Vehicle accidents: Car, truck, and bus accidents can easily cause a death that was the fault of another driver. When a driver displays reckless behavior and does not follow the rules of the road, it can put you or your loved one at risk of death. Your wrongful death attorney in Decatur, GA, will fight to get you compensation in these cases and prove the negligence of another driver that caused the accident.
- Faulty products: Products and machinery can also cause deaths that unexpected when they fail to operate as they should. Manufacturers of these products and machinery are required by the law to make sure they offer a safe item for use by consumers. When these products are faulty in their design or have a defect in the production process, they can cause a wrongful death incident that is not your fault. Your wrongful death lawyer can get you compensation when your loved one dies by a faulty product or machinery design or defect.
- Medical devices or medication: When the medical device or medication that your loved one uses causes death, the manufacturer of these products is responsible. Warning should be evident with these products and need communication with your loved one. When this does not occur, it causes a negligent action on the part of the manufacturer or physician. Let your wrongful death attorney get you compensation in these wrongful death cases.
Discuss Your Case With A Decatur, GA Wrongful Death Lawyer Today!
If your loved one dies in a wrongful death accident, you need help from a Decatur, Georgia, wrongful death lawyer that cares about your case. The wrongful death lawyers at The Weinstein Firm can advise you on your legal rights and help you win your case. A wrongful death attorney at The Weinstein Firm is ready to work with you on your wrongful death case. Contact us today set up a consultation.